As part of my coursework in my Master's in Educational Technology program, I analyzed Robert Marzano's report on the use of Promethean IWBs to achieve measurable academic progress. It was fascinating to see the analysis and critiques of Marzano's report on various educational blog sites. Since our local middle school teachers have used the Promethean IWBs for more than 2 years, I would like to see how this staff is reporting to the community and school board members about the effectiveness of this technology. I have asked the middle school principal to share any information about the use of Promethean Boards with me.
To summarize, my goals include the following:
- to participate in training and spend time exploring the Promethean Board technology
- to collaborate with my peers online and fellow teachers to develop a plan for using the IWB to meet state standards in writing, including goals in creative and informational writing
- to continue researching reports on the effectiveness of using Promethean Boards to achieve measurable academic gains, both on a nationwide level and at our local level
Hey Cynthia!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you have a great professional development opportunity in front of you. I would love to learn how to use one of the interactive boards. And since you are striving to incorporate the standards, it will definitely be a worth while project.
I love the project idea. I have never heard of Promethean Boards and look forward to learning more about them.
ReplyDelete