Take a look at this video called "Learn to Change, Change to Learn" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tahTKdEUAPk
I plan to write about this video in light of my recent "anti-technology" research for my online class. I resonate with one viewer's comment on this video: "I'm sorry, but kids are not "researching", "collecting data", and providing "rich content" outside the class room via Twitter, IM, SMS, etc. I agree that the classroom needs to change and adapt to the changes in our culture and technological advances; but kids are fooling around on such mediums... not "collecting data." Yes, get technology in the hands of our teachers. Yes, reform and adapt teaching to today. But don't deliver a load of B.S. about what students are doing outside the class." (thanks to michaeltangen for this comment)
I am confused about my role as a parent in this world of ever-present and often intrusive technology. I get very tired with my son's obsession with his texting buddies. I miss the days when my sons were younger and we would play games or go on hikes instead of playing on our computers.
More later...
Monday, December 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment